It’s the first Monday of the month, which means it’s time to set my goals for February. Like January, it promises to be a busy month. That’s one reason why it helps me to have a plan in place. I've joined some other bloggers in setting monthly goals this year and linking with Stephanie at Corn and Cotton: My Family’s Story (you're welcome to join in, too). Here’s what I hope to accomplish:
- Study the Allen County Public Library online catalog and begin compiling a research to-do list. I'll be visiting Ft. Wayne for the first time during the upcoming Midwest Geneabloggers Meetup, coordinated by Tina Lyons of GenWishList and Terri O’Connell of Finding Our Ancestors. If you’re thinking about going, see Terri's post for hotel information, and let me know, too!
- Do research connected to my writing goals (below)
- Prepare my older daughter’s bedroom for conversion into a home office (it will continue to double as our guest bedroom). If I get brave enough, I might post some “before” pictures so you can see why I need to do this.
- Follow along with Michelle Goodrum’s challenges for the 21st Century Organized Family Historian
- Write eight blog posts on my personal family history, experiences, and research tips
- Participate in the Family History Writing Challenge, hosted by Lynn Palermo. I’ve pledged to write 250 words a day. This fits into my yearly goal to write for 20 uninterrupted minutes at least five days a week.
- Write an article that could be submitted for possible publication
- Attend the Family History Jamboree in Dayton with some of my fellow Central Ohio Geneabloggers
- Attend the Pinellas (Florida) Genealogical Society 2012 Seminar featuring Colleen Fitzpatrick
- Watch two webinars; take and store notes in Evernote
Time will tell how much of this I can actually get done between my other commitments, which include a trip to visit my daughter at college. One thing’s for sure—with only a little over three weeks left in the month, I’d better get busy!
January by the Fire: Motivation Monday
Going Out on a Limb Again: 2012 Goals